Monday, April 11, 2011

Mirror Makeover



My husband and I bought this mirror back in 2004 when we first moved in together. It once had hooks on it that we would hang our keys on. Again, I was getting ahead of myself. Before I started taking pictures, I removed the hooks. See, here are the holes. I no longer wanted it as a key holder, just a mirror. So, my husband took some putty, filled in the holes and gave the whole thing a good sanding. I love when he does projects with me. All sanded, now it just needed to be taped off so the mirror wouldn't get paint on it. Prepped and ready! I just used a paint by Folk Art called Dove Grey. After it dried for about two hours, I gave it a good sanding.... and I have a cute, shabby chic mirror to put on our shelf. I love taking old things and giving them an updated look!



Transformation Thursday A Little Knick Knack Photobucket


UndertheTableandDreaming

Domestically Speaking

15 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I love the color and the distressing is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! Perfectly Shabby Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I love how it turned out!

    http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Your newest follower....hope you can visit me sometime soon/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Found you on Elements Interiors.

    Love the new color and finish! This makes me want to do something to my old mirror :)

    I'm having my first giveaway going on and I'd love for you to stop by!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing !!!!!




    http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this project turned out! Definitely a very pretty frame now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome!! Love the color, I'll have to check that out next time I'm at the store. Those little Folk Art paints are great! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fabulous! I love that dove grey...must get some! Way to re-use what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great redo!! I love how the mirror turned out!
    I would love for you to link up at my first linky party! :)
    {nifty thrifty sunday}
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a transformation! Super cute! Would love for you to link this up :)


    Lolly Jane
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the makeover! The color you chose is perfect!

    I have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It's for projects made for $10 or less. I would love for you to link up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You gave it a whole new life! Looks great and I love the color you used.

    ReplyDelete