Monday, June 20, 2011

Bedside Table Makeover


I've had this bedside table since before my husband and I were even together. Probably about 13 years now. I would say it was time to give it a makeover. It just didn't match anything in our room. This is the first of 3 painting projects we'll be doing for our room this Summer. This was so quick and easy. The next two painting projects might take some time, so hang with me.
First thing first, we decided to remove the pull down drawer for good! Not my style.

I have to give my husband a big THANK YOU for doing most of the work for this project. We did get to do all the painting together. I love doing projects with him! Here he is above giving the whole table a good sanding.

Here it is with one coat of paint. We used an off-white color that we got from a miss-tinted section of a paint store. That made this project super cheap. Like four dollars cheap! Love it.

Here it is all finished! I think it looks so much better. White always makes everything so fresh and clean looking.

I put just a tiny bit of distressing on it. I didn't want it too rustic looking.


We have a ton more painting projects we'll be working on this Summer and I can't wait to get them started. Stay tuned!





I linked up:




Embellishing Life



At Home With K


Homework

Domestically Speaking
Someday Crafts






5 comments:

  1. Definitely makes it very chic! Gotta love that mistint paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love the simplicity of your makeover! HOpe you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! looks way better. this post would be so great at my weekly blog party. I'd love it if you joined me!
    alchemyfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to remove that door and give it a paint facelift! I love it! Looks perfect in it's spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be featuring your end table at this week's Terrific Under Ten party! Great job!

    ReplyDelete