Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy Summer-y Candle Holder


This seriously takes 10 minutes from start to finish. All you need is a mason jar, some twine and hot glue. I had all of these things on hand, so this was a FREE project for me. FREE is my favorite! I was trying to come up with some easy Summer-y accessories and this is how I made a cute candle holder.
Unroll your twine a bit...


Put a small amount of hot glue on the jar and stick on the piece of twine. Let if dry for about two minutes before you start wrapping the jar.



Wrap the twine around the jar adding some glue in a few spots to keep the twine from falling off the jar.



Keep wrapping till you get to the top and that's it! Easy, right?!



I added a little sand to the bottom and a tea light! I think it turned out really cute. I combined it to some other containers holding sand and shells. I'll share those with you tomorrow.


Before you go out and buy Summer accessories for your home, check your cupboards and drawers to see what you can make for FREE. Come back and share them with me!

I linked up to:


7 comments:

  1. This is such a simple yet beautiful look! I love mason jars and I definitely LOVE FREE! Going to do this! Although, I doubt I'll be able to display my new candle holders on our coffee table. My 2 year old would be all over it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Makes me want to go to the beach. It would also be a cute table candle for a cowboy/ranch party...minus the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite! I love how you wrapped the twice around the top. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for always posting such affordable stuff! I also love that Beeg makes soup in the summers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how simple these are! Perfect beachy cottage flair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea very rustic which is the style that I love and adore can imagine using camping or in my home come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like congratulate u on building such a valuable site. I’m sure yours visitors find your site as useful as did.

    ReplyDelete