Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Inspired By Sand and the Sea


Now that we are well into sharing Summer decor all over blog land, here is my Summer Mantle...Finally! I was very much inspired this year to decorate in blues, whites, and natural grey tones. For the blues, I used my THRIFTED SEAHORSE & my MADE OVER MIRROR!
For the whites I used my FREE FRAMES inspired by a Pottery Barn catalog & THE SALT DOUGH STARFISH. A few things I've had on hand for a long time are the Shells and the letter "J" for our last name. As for the grey, the driftwood will be in a post to come and the rocks, well it's helpful to have two boys that think rocks are a good thing to bring to mommy as a gift! I love my boys.
So there you have it! I'll be sharing some other ways that I decorate for Summer, but till then I hope you can find some inspiration in nature that will help you decorate your home.
I am so excited that the official start to Summer is almost here!





I linked up:















7 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I love the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love the sand and sea theme. It looks so refreshing!
    I wanted to also thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Summer mantle is so charming~love the colors and theme! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty mantle. I love the empty frames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really adorable and beachy! Good job.

    Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday ;O)

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping back by to say thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday this week! :) Hope you will come share again soon!

    ReplyDelete