Monday, June 27, 2011

Star Garland


Finally, I have a new craft project to share with you. I feel like I've been slacking a bit lately. I guess I have an excuse...I have a two and four year old. Sometimes, you just don't have the time. As you can tell, I made over my blog header! Looks a bit more festive for the holiday. These boys already love hearing the random pops of firecrackers in the neighborhood. We are really looking forward to the Fourth of July!!! So, to celebrate, here is a quick tutorial for an easy star garland.
This was incredibly easy. All you need is some twine, hot glue and felt stars.

I picked up the felt stars at JoAnn Fabrics in their dollar section. You could also cut the stars out yourself, but for $2 I would rather have them already cut out and perfect looking.

All you do is space them out evenly, hot glue the twine to the back of the star, let them dry and....

Voila! A simple, festive garland for the Fourth of July.

I hung this one on the window over my couch.

And another on the chalkboard in my kitchen. I'm learning that I love things that are more simple and not so fussy! This was absolutely a simple project. I have more Fourth of July things to share with you all week, so stay tuned!







I linked up:






Embellishing Life





Ladybug Blessings




At Home With K



Homework


Someday Crafts

The Shabby Nest
Fingerprints on the Fridge

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've been obsessed with making garlands lately. I might have to try this...we don't have JoAnn's around here :( so i guess my starts won't be as perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, looks cute and so easy....i might have to run to joann's the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Hey, what are you guys doing for the 4th? You should come to the Johnson Parade! (about 3 miles north of Colton) Monday morning 10am!
    (Get there early to get a spot though)! My family hosts the parade every year... let me know if you guys want to come, I'll tell you where to go and so I can say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got your note.. have a good picnic! I make the homemade shotzy a lot! I use Boboli (not the same but I'm too lazy to make my own crust). Honey mustard dressing as the sauce (plus a few extra squirts of reg mustard to make it not-so-sweet), polish sausage, sauerkraut, mozzerella, and swiss cheese. Not totally the same but sometimes we just crave it! We're going on Saturday and I'm drooling just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, I love your star garland! What a great, easy project!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yes, of course you have my permission! ; )
    Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I wish I had found this project earlier when I was writing my Fourth of July inspiration post ( http://decoratingdiy.blogspot.com/2011/07/home-of-free-and-brave.html ) so I could have added it!

    Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garland it so cute! I love how easy it is to make too! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete