Monday, November 7, 2011

Transition
 I'm the type of person that takes down holiday decor the day after that holiday.  I'm a sucker for a good decluttering and clean-up.  I'm wierd, I know!  However, when I decorate for things like Halloween there are always things I can use to transition to the next Holiday. 
Thanksgiving is one easy Holiday to decorate for.  To me, the more natural the better.  In early October, I made sure to purchase gourds and pumpkins that were thick skinned and would last through two months.
These ones up top, are nicely decorating a new shelf that I just made over.  I'll be sharing it with you soon. 
 On top of the shelf, I also used an old Coke crate with a worn sign in it that says Fall.  Very plain and simple.  Perfect for Thanksgiving.
Here is what sits by our front door.  So colorful, yet natural. 
If you're having a hard time figuring out how to decorate for Thanksgiving, go check out your local grocery store.  You might just find everything you need in the produce department.
More to come.

1 comment: