Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Angie's Holiday Home
The other day I was looking through some pictures on Facebook.  Above is my Aunt Lona and one of her very Best Friends, Angie.  They had a girlfriends get-together and had posted some pictures online.  The get-together was hosted by Angie, and I couldn't help but notice a ton of cute decor in the background.  A blog post kept running through my head.
I contacted Angie through Facebook and asked her if she would like to share some photos of her Holiday Decor.  She so graciously accepted and sent me these photos.
Are you ready for some cuteness?  Sit back and enjoy the tour. 
This is her gorgeous wreath.  My Aunt Lona does a wreath workshop through the Parks and Recreation department she works for and this is the wreath Angie made.  She said the reindeer came from the Dollar Store and the "C" she spray painted white then glittered it.  It turned out beautiful! I love the mix of Silver, Gold and White. 
Now, I don't know a single person that wouldn't LOVE to have a fireplace like this to decorate for Christmas, or for any other time of the year.  I would take it in a heartbeat.  I love the pop of red with the stockings and super, cute Santa garland.  It is adorable. 
Did you notice these cute little trees sitting right under the stockings?  Angie said she found them miss-matched and all she did was sprayed them with spray snow and then glittered them.  I'm gonna be on the lookout for trees now.  This is too cute!
I just want one of everything she has! Look at the Vintage Wish bucket filled with pretty ornaments.  The glittery reindeer candle holders are so sweet.  And the large reindeer with the snowflakes hanging off the antlers.  I'm absolutely going hunting through the thrift stores with some of these images in mind.  I also love the snowy touches with the white candles and frosty pine cones.  So pretty.
Speaking of candles, take a look at these.  I love the vase filler she used to look like snow.  The second candle in, Angie said she painted on glue to some plain white candles and rolled them in fake snow and glitter.  So smart.
Take a look at the last one.  An upside down vase filled with pine cones and used as a candle holder.  Brilliant!
I am a sucker for found items.  If you look closely you can see wine corks and bottle caps.  She said one of her personal favorites is the jar with the battery operated t-light and fake snow.  I would have to agree.  I'm doing this next year! 
I am also very fond of a cheese dome turned into a cloche.  Add cute, blue ornaments to it...just my style.  Loving it.
The main attraction...The Christmas Tree.  It looks like it's straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog.  By the way, Angie has a view of the water!  How could you not add a few beachy touches if you lived right on the water?!  I just love those white starfish.  So pretty. Along with the natural, frosty garland...it just screams Northwest!
You are not going to believe how she made these pillows.  Plain brown pillows with a felt dollar store snowflake that she glued on to the pillow.  How easy is that, yet they look like they cost $50 dollars a piece. 
The pillows above are thrift store sweaters turned into pillows.  I keep saying, I need to learn how to sew.  I love the colors she chose!

I hope you enjoyed Angie's Holiday Decor.  I know I'm a bit envious now, but also very inspired.  Another little bit about Angie, she is an amazing painter.  She does murals for a living and they are beautiful.  If you'd like to look at some of her works of art, visit her website {HERE}. 
A huge thank you to Angie for allowing me to share with my blog friends and followers pictures of her beautiful home.  I'm thinking she should be a blogger.  I would be the first to follow.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful decorations! Thanks for sharing. Love Angie's glass jars, wreath and the starfish on the tree...and her fireplace...and--I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my "alternative wreath"! Be happy to have you feature it - please let me know when you do. Love the fab found items here - especially the mason jars (I have some corks stuffed in mine too!) and the cloches. Ain't thrifting grand?!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete