Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Vignette
{Creating With What You Have On Hand}
 So, by now you should know that I love, love creating things with what I have on hand or with what I can find for little to no money.  I am a big believer in thrift stores, garage sales, and antiques.  Being a one-income family, I have learned that it doesn't take a whole lot of money to make your home cute. 
Here is a Holiday Vignette I created with objects and items that I've had for years or that are just laying around the house.
 I think the only things that were bought this year are the big ol' Christmas Lights thanks to my Mom-In-Law, Linda Lue.  They came from a local thrift store and cost around $2.  The Christmas tin the lights are sitting on top of came from a friend.  I wish there were still cookies inside.  The large "J" normally sits by a picture of my Son Jaxon, however since our last name starts with a "J" also, it can be re purposed to represent our family name.  The little "J" was mine and my husbands wedding cake topper. 
 This is my favorite Santa Picture yet.  This was taken right before the tears started flowing from my son Easton.  This was two years ago, and he was NOT a fan of Santa that year.  I used and old IKEA frame to display it in.
 For the top of the red box(I normally use it to hold all my boys dinosaur toys) sits a wreath we bought several years ago from Ben Franklin for 75% off.  You gotta love those after Christmas sales.  The big pine cone came in the same box my Grandma sent the nativity scene in. You can see that {HERE}  I just spoke to her the other day and she said she found them in Reno, Nevada. 
The two mirrors off to the side are ones that I've blogged about in the past. You can see those {HERE} & {HERE}  I can't tell you how many times I've used both in displays for every season.  I love them. 
My challenge to you:
 find things around your home next year when decorating for Christmas or for any other season and see what kind of beautiful display you can make with things you already have.  It's a great way to be creative and save money. 
I linked up:

No comments:

Post a Comment